Location: Port Jervis, New York
The Supervisor of Nursing plans, supervises and participates in the delivery of quality nursing care and may provide consultation to other nursing and health care professionals in the area of specialization. Supervision is exercised over a number of professional, para-professional, clerical and clinical support staff.
- Adjusts nursing assignments to accommodate change in patient census and acuity utilizing approved staffing plans.
- Records staffing changes and absenteeism.
- Coordinates, and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing regimen for patients within a specific nursing unit.
- Assesses patients' needs, observes and monitors patients' condition and performs medical procedures and provides nursing care as directed by medical staff.
- Supervises the clinical performance of nursing personnel.
- Participates in development and implementation of quality assurance programs, and implements recommended changes.
- Identifies and utilizes appropriate resources to resolve specific patient, family or staff issues.
- Advocates the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Evaluates staffing and equipment needs.
- Ensures resources for the shift utilizing the on-call process.
- Maintains an accurate Administrative Report per shift.
- Coordinates bedflow by assigning beds in Connect Care and facilitating discharge and transportation needs.
- Ensures the accuracy of the event management patient status to have accurate patient accounting.
- Communicates and collaborates with the multidisciplinary team.
- Coordinates on-call and emergent services such as the OR and Catheterization Lab.
- Communicates pertinent clinical and resource information to nurse managers and department directors.
- Follows Occupational Health procedures for workplace injuries and impairment in the workplace.
- Communicates risk management and safety incidents.
- Holds staff accountable for following policies and procedures.
- Responds to emergency codes. Acts as Incident Commander until relieved.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Completed required education in a timely manner.
Possession of a valid license and current registration, issued by the New York State Education Department, as a Registered Nurse. Current BLS and ACLS Experience in a supervisory or Charge Nurse position is required.
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing required; a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Nursing preferred
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.