Location: Port Jervis, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing direct clinical services to patients on the inpatient chemical dependency unit and provide consultation related to chemical dependency. Supports and provides care on inpatient mental health unit as assigned.
1. Participates in treatment planning activities.
2. Provides direct patient care by completing History& Physical, psychiatric assessments, and ongoing daily assessments.
3. Ensures that patients meet established admission criteria and ensures a timely admission procedure as per regulatory requirements.
4. Implements treatment regimen based on clinical evaluation and following best practices.
5. Interviews and examines patients at appropriate intervals and revises medications if necessary.
6. Works closely with the inpatient Nurse Manager, Medical Director and nursing and counseling staff to address clinical need and length of stay issues.
7. Works collaboratively with the emergency department physicians, hospitalists, and psychiatrists.
8. Participates in inpatient unit based performance improvement initiatives.
9. Educates patients and staff on Medication Assisted Treatment and Harm Reduction Models.
10. Collaborates with community providers as appropriate for patient care.
11. Completes daily documentation timely and within requirements for appropriate billing codes.
12. Coordinates with insurance companies when needed, including peer reviews.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience in a psychiatric or chemical addiction setting
Education: Master's Degree in Nursing with specialty in psychiatry and medicine
Licenses / Certifications: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner licensure in NYS, BLS certified, DEA X-waiver
o Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills
o Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing an electronic medical record
o Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health care team, patients and families
o Excellent documentation skills and organizational skills
o Knowledge of regulatory and accrediting agency standards and requirements
o Knowledge of sound nursing practices
o Knowledge of psychiatric and substance abuse dynamics
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.