Location: Madison, Wisconsin
We are hiring a part time Health Unit Coordinator. The position will work a combination of weeknights and weekends.
What makes UW Health Rehab Hospital a great place to work? Our PEOPLE, of course!
We answer the call because we have a fundamental need to help people. In return, we get to work in an environment with leaders who strive to optimize job effectiveness, assure positive experiences and job satisfaction.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients. Opportunities through our continuing education programs, apprenticeship programs, and tuition reimbursement programs, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our hospital offers specialized rehab programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and many other conditions. We create individualized plans of care that address both intense rehab and acute medical needs. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of function and return home as soon as possible. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point-Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
Why work at UW Health Rehab Hospital? Be part of a team recognized by Newsweek as one of America's Best Rehabilitation Centers dedicated to patient hope, healing, and recovery.
Supports nursing department operations by assisting with administrative duties such as greeting visitors, scheduling appointments, transferring phone calls, admitting and discharging patients, communicating and coordinating between physicians, nursing staff and other hospital staff. May transcribe physician orders and file paperwork. May assist with patient care as trained.
- Ensures visitors are acknowledged quickly and helps direct them and answer any questions.
- Initiates medical record upon admission. Maintains said record during patient stay, and closes the record upon patient discharge within the electronic medical record.
- Initiates follow-up regarding doctors' orders.
- Ensures that all patient and special charges are processed.
- Serves as unit receptionist for incoming and outgoing calls and visitor information.
- Interacts frequently with unit personnel, physicians, visitors, patients' families and other ancillary hospital personnel for the purpose of giving and receiving information.
- Has contact with patients. Duties may include answering patient lights, and fulfilling patient request for non-care items, attend appointments with patients, working in the cafe. Requires professional, courteous, and helpful manner in all contacts with customers.
- Position involves multi-tasking in a high stress environment. Requires constant mental alertness and the ability to calmly and accurately perform duties when subjected to frequent and varied interruptions.
- Must have the ability to exercise judgment and initiative in the resolution of problems encountered.
- Ensures that all patient and unit equipment, supplies and procedures are ordered and received,
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required, with two years of college level education preferred.
- Computer experience required.
- Prior experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with all levels of medical personnel, patients and families,
- Ability to speak and write concisely with knowledge of medical terminology desirable.