Location: Worcester, Massachusetts
FAIRLAWN REHABILITATION HOSPITAL an AFFLIATE OF ENCOMPASS HEALTH
Fairlawn Rehabilitation Hospital is a 110-bed, inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active and independent lives.
A collaboration of UMass Memorial Health Care and Encompass Health, Fairlawn combines the expertise of two highly respected leaders in patient care. Our hospital provides a wide range of physical rehabilitation services, a vast network of highly skilled, independent private practice physicians and Encompass Health therapists and nurses, and the most innovative equipment and rehabilitation technology, ensuring that all patients have access to the highest quality care.
PM&R INPATIENT JOB DESCRIPTION HIGHLIGHTS
We are seeking a full time Inpatient PM&R physician interested in building a practice and growing with the Worcester, MA community. This opportunity has an excellent financial package through UMass Memorial. Encompass Health hospitals are extremely busy with high patient volumes - Encompass Health has its own well-trained outreach teams that identify appropriate inpatient rehabilitation candidates from surrounding areas.
- Employment through UMass Memorial
- Work alongside three well respected PM&R physicians
- PM&R physicians are consults only - IM/Hospitalists admit patients
- Patient volume available immediately
- Affiliation with Medical School faculty
- Effective Marketing teams based at acute care hospitals
WHERE YOU WILL PRACTICE - WORCESTER MASSACHUSETTS
Worcester, with a population over 200,000 is the second most populous Boston Suburb. Downtown you will find art galleries, specialty shops, historic landmarks, amazing architecture, and a wide variety of dining options. An epicenter of higher learning, Worcester is also home to over 35,000 students. Worcester is also only a short drive away from Boston, Hartford, and Providence. With a lower housing price versus the state average, Worcester is a great place to work and play!
- MD or DO with state medical license or willingness to obtain state license
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Patient-centered commitment to excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Hospital-based physiatry experience preferred
WHY ENCOMPASS HEALTH?
- High Income Potential
- High Patient Volumes
- Flexible Schedules
- Medicine and specialty support