**$10,000 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience**
Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides direct rehabilitative patient care to patients at a variety of rehabilitation locations.
Â· Travels to various sites, as needed, and evaluates and treats patients in accordance with rehabilitation department and respective site policies and procedures.
Â· Evaluates patient status by observing patient and administering/interpreting a variety of tests.
Â· Tests may include measurement of the following, as applicable: motor and neurological capabilities, psychological and social functioning, cognitive skills, neuromuscular functioning, etc.
Â· Develops treatment plans based on assessment of patient needs, analysis of patient medical history from test performance/medical records/case history, and goals established in conjunction with the patient, family and physician.
Â· Administers treatment plans by utilizing a variety of therapeutic activities/procedures and/or treatment modalities for remediation and compensation of patient deficits.
Â· Recommends adaptive devices and/or durable medical equipment as needed, and instructs patients/families in the use of rehabilitative equipment.
Â· Assists patients in rehabilitative exercise programs as needed.
Â· Documents patient treatments, initial evaluation, therapeutic progress notes and discharge summaries in accordance with departmental policies and service line protocols.
Â· Attends interdisciplinary meetings and various conferences to report on patients' progress; consults regularly with site/service line team members regarding patient treatment.
Â· Responsible for the organization and maintenance of equipment and supplies in treatment area; recommends the purchase of supplies and/or equipment as needed.
Â· May collaborate with and mentor other employees, as appropriate.
1. Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy or certificate from an accredited Physical Therapy program, and current license to practice as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan.
2. Three to five years experience in physical therapy in order to acquire skills necessary to treat a variety of patients at various locations.
1. Analytical ability to interpret diagnostic tests; assess patient progress; determine appropriate treatment plan; and provide appropriate patient care to a wide variety of patients at various rehabilitation sites.
2. High level of interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse population of patients, staff, physicians and various levels of management personnel at a variety of rehabilitation sites.
3. Flexibility and ability to manage uncertainty in order to travel to various rehabilitation sites as needed, and treat a wide variety of patients.
4. Ability to cope with stressful situations, and manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities simultaneously.
5. Physical stamina to lift equipment, lift and reposition patients, operate rehabilitation equipment, and stand and walk continuously.
6. Leadership skills to provide clinical guidance to aides, assistants, therapists, students and volunteers as needed.
7. High level of technical knowledge in physical therapy in order to provide patient treatment to a wide variety of patients at various rehabilitation sites.
Job: Physical Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.