Audiologist – Part Time - Texas Health Mansfield- A joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield:
· Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
· Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
· Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
· Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
· Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
Part Time - Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Perform and interpret comprehensive diagnostic testing to determine the type and degree of hearing impairment for pediatric and adult populations.
Administer and interpret immittance measures
Perform and interpret specialized testing which may include: real ear measurements, otoacoustic emissions (OAE), auditory brainstem response (ABR), video electronystagmography (VNG), electrocochleography (ECOG), vestibular evoked myogenic potentials (VEMP), cochlear implant evaluations.
Based on testing completed, evaluate and report test results to the ordering physician or facility in a timely manner to determine the course of treatment for the patient.
Implement and introduce hearing devices to patients by explaining the available and recommended devices for their diagnosis along with the costs, warranties and policies that accompany each device while ensuring that each patient feels comfortable with their choice.
Utilize electronic scheduling and medical records systems to chart all patient encounters, evaluations, repairs, orders, insurance encounters and billing office correspondence.
Perform follow-up consultation of devices placement with the patient on a routine basis, making adjustments when necessary to the devices.
Provide minor device repairs in the office when necessary and arrange for all other repairs to be sent to the manufacturer.
Perform any duties related to maintaining an audiology practice, including but not limited to marketing efforts, scheduling patients for hearing related appointments and answering/returning phone calls in a timely fashion.
Individually responsible for completion and routing of all paperwork.
Attend departmental, staff and training meetings as mandated by supervisor.
Travel to outer lying offices to cover for audiology services when necessary
Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by audiology supervisor
What You Will Need:
Doctorate in audiology from an accredited university and one to two years related experience and/or training
Must hold a current license as an Audiologist in the state of Texas.
Certified and licensed individual that possesses a minimum of a Doctorate in Audiology and has experience in the evaluation and rehabilitation of hearing loss through completion of audiological testing and hearing services
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.