Providence is calling an experienced CVOR-Main OR Registered Nurse to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking an Operating Room Registered Nurse who is skilled in both Cardiovascular OR as well as the Main OR environment and enjoys the challenge of working as part of a collaborative Operating Room (OR) team.
This position requires expertise in both the CVOR and MOR and will require on-call coverage of the CVOR. It is a 0.875 FTE, Variable, 10-Hour shift position with call requirements.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, and evaluate nursing care needs before, during, and after a surgical procedure.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team.
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate using computerized documentation systems.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
- Minimum one year CVOR/OR RN experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire.
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Current CNOR.
For more information contact Maribeth Culpepper, nurse recruiter at Maribeth.Culpepper@providence.org
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Req ID: 144118