Providence is calling a Behavioral Health Registered Nurse to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to be responsible for ensuring that our most critically ill patients and their families receive excellent care. This is a Part Time/ Variable Shift (3:00pm - 11:30pm) position.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care needs for patients who are in a critical care environment, taking both physical and psychosocial elements into consideration
- Record and monitor patient condition as appropriate using computerized documentation programs
- Use open and clear communication with patients, family members, and multidisciplinary medical professionals
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Three years experience in acute care services
- Certification as a Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse
- A working knowledge of group process, milieu management, and psychotropic medications
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Behavioral Health Nursing
Req ID: 149741