Providence is calling a Manager – Resident Care / Long Term Care Unit (Skilled Nursing Care, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE FT) to Providence Saint Joseph's Hospital in Chewelah, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Manage work performance of the unit through regular monthly 1:1's and annual performance management and development processes.
- Support the Providence performance management and merit processes.
- Provide supervisory oversight for all LTC caregivers.
- Function consistently as a role-model and coach in strong teamwork practices.
- Facilitate and expect timely and direct resolution of problems/conflicts between individuals and teams.
- Arrange individual conferences and provide coaching as needed.
- Develop and maintain effective work schedules for the unit to include both NAC and Nursing.
- Problem solve and facilitate decision making in regards to resident assignments, daily activities and participate in planning for unexpected changes in census and emergent situations.
- Gather information from chart reviews, observation and interaction with staff, physicians, residents and families to identify unit needs as related to resident care.
- Manage change effectively - keeping the staff, physicians, and other departments apprised of new information and process changes in a timely way.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors of Science in Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in this state
- Must have, as a minimum, 3 years of experience as a Registered Nurse in a skilled care facility
- Must have experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Preferred, 1 year experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility
- Nursing Home Administrator License
- 1 year MDS experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Joseph's Hospital in Chewelah, Washington, offers full-service acute care, skilled health care professionals and the latest in medical technology to the residents of Stevens County.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 142343