Providence is calling for a Chief Executive - Ambulatory Services in Portland, Oregon.
This position provides guidance, leadership, oversight and monitoring for statewide Ambulatory Services related to strategic planning, business requirements, performance metrics, quality and risk management. Responsibilities include leadership in the development of an ambulatory service strategy and implementation of ambulatory service sites to meet the needs of our communities. Additional responsibilities include development and direct operational oversight of the Health Centers, Joint Ventures, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Occupational Health, Retail Pharmacies, Diabetes Education Services, Health Education Services, Wellness/Fitness Services, and other regional ambulatory and Health Center timeshare operations. Responsibilities also include a matrix relationship with the Acute & Clinical Program Division, Providence Health Plan & Clinical Transformation Division and other Providence departments for the provision of services at the Health Centers. This position is responsible for coordinating all delivery system ambulatory operations to ensure optimal synergies of services, superior customer service, excellent quality and consistency of strategy and policy within the Oregon Region. This position requires expertise in planning, large-scale project management, facility planning, workforce planning, physician relations, joint venture negotiations and contracting, operations management and the ability to move projects from concept to implementation in a complex organization. The position requires the expertise to lead and manage complex organizations.
This position supports the development of a superior customer service model and continual improvements in employee and physician relations' goals. The position continuously promotes activities and programs that support the goals relating to Providence Health & Services mission and core values.
In this position you will:
- Accountable for the successful operation of designated Ambulatory Services within the Oregon Region consistent with the strategic plan for Oregon.
- Oversees development and accountable for the approval of strategic plans and business plans for Ambulatory Services within the Oregon Region.
- Leads, plans, organizes,and completes large-scale projects.
- Participates as a member of the Leadership Council, IT Governance Council, Business Development Council, Real Estate Council, Human Resources Strategy Council, and Regional Quality Council.
- Gathers information, investigates, researches and analyzes activities which impact organization-wide ambulatory development or operations.
- Develops feasibility plans and analyzes the operational and financial impact of programs and services.
- Prepares project design and implementation plans, assembles and leads project teams and manages implementation of the projects in coordination with Strategic Management Services.
- Identifies outcome measurements to assess project status and provides regular status report to administration and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of communication plans.
- Obtains physician support for projects and develops appropriate physician champions/partners in order to achieve goals of programs.
- Writes and negotiates physician contracts and definitive agreements for joint venture arrangements. Confers with all appropriate administrative and legal personnel in the development of these arrangements.
- Effectively coordinates the integration efforts of all regional functions and programs to maximize existing resources and optimize the ambulatory care impact on existing acute care operations.
- Leads ambulatory development functions of the major campus development plans.
- Coordinates and leads the development of customer service initiatives to achieve a superior customer service model for all Oregon Region outpatient services.
- Partners with Nurse Executive as it correlates with nursing services. Works closely with Hospital and Service Area Chief Executives, Clinical Program Administrators, Ambulatory Clinical Services Administrative Council, and PHP during planning and implementation phases of clinical or business changes for all outpatient services.
- Supports physician partners by knowing and understanding the medical staff issues and works with physicians in order to provide the appropriate operations environment necessary for optimum physician practice. Coordinates medical direction, working closely with program administrators of clinical programs to attain prescribed results.
- Coordinates facility planning for ambulatory sites. Works closely with Property Management and Design & Construction to develop sites.
- Enhances professional growth and development through literature reviews, conferences, etc., as they pertain to ambulatory care operations in a regional matrix environment. Maintains professional affiliations. May serve as a facilitator for management and leadership training programs.
- Working with Human Resources, develops workforce staffing plans and recruitment strategies.
- Coordinates strategic planning and business planning with the Ambulatory Clinical Services business development team and the Strategic Portfolio Manager.
- Assures systems, resources and processes are in place to meet all State, Federal, Accreditation and other agency laws, regulations and requirements. Assures compliance with all Providence Health & Services policies and guidelines.
- Provides accountable leadership and oversight to Ambulatory Services and program professionals, physician leaders and administrators in the development and implementation of operational excellence priorities that provide the Oregon Region's communities with a full range of quality services.
- Oversees the annual budget and planning processes necessary to assure that the appropriate goals and plans necessary to implement ambulatory services within the Oregon Region are in place.
- Assures that long range financial planning processes are integrated within the Divisions. Establishes appropriate goals and plans for the development of the strategy.
- Develops networks and relationships with community leaders, board members, physicians, third party payors, employers and other providers to enhance the health services provided to individuals and communities.
- Provides leadership and facilities strategic direction to the operations administrators by establishing executive development processes, using change and performance management approaches.
- Assures that the mission and core values of Providence Health & Services is focused on and integrated into all programs and services provided by the respective service areas.
- Collaborates with and supports the effective integration of Regional services including finance, IS, business office, human resources, marketing & communications.
- Collaborates and supports the strategies and tactics designed to expand health care services by developing alternative delivery models.
- Increases operational efficiencies for health care operations within the ambulatory sites. Develops and insures accountability for agreed upon outcomes and metrics using scorecards and other improvement tools and resources.
- Participates at the board level for joint ventures.
- Oversees implementation and selection of infrastructures to support ambulatory services in collaboration with the Ambulatory Clinical Services Division and the Delivery Systems Division.
- Accountable for all physician offerings related to joint ventures and ambulatory services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in healthcare or business administration.
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience.
- Significant leadership in a major and complex medical system, organizing and managing major projects, clinical and business services and functions.
- Must have a broad knowledge and understanding of the trends and changes taking place in health care and their implications.
- Must have developed knowledge and experience working within integrated health systems and a track record of successful relationships with the integration of employed and private physicians.
- Must have experience with managing the day to day financial operations of multiple location healthcare delivery services.
- Has demonstrated a strong ability to lead teams and maintain positive professional relationships with team members and physicians.
- Must have experience in leading and managing large, complex projects to successful completion.
- Experience in developing and implementing ambulatory service sites, joint ventures and new physician projects.
- Valid driver's license.
About the department you will serve:
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple, "Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 154010