Providence is calling a dynamic and enthusiastic Physical Therapist to the Rehabilitation Department at the Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, AK.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, kayak, or take in scenic view of Alaska? Providence Valdez Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! We works closely as part of an interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. Enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
In this position you will:
- Provide accurate patient evaluation, develops appropriate treatment plans as ordered by physician or other referral source.
- Develop and maintain public relations both internally with physicians, patients, and co-workers and externally with visitors, other health care agencies and community members to promote a positive image.
- Coordinate patient treatments with other departments that impact the patient's health care needs to ensure integration with other aspects of the patients' total health care.
- Act as a provider and consultant to other health care facilities and community health organizations to facilitate department services and understanding of Rehabilitation.
- Maintain patient records to assure that the patient receives accurate therapy and to assure accurate therapy charges.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduation from a course of study approved by the Council of Medical Education
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska
- Basic Life Support (AHA) required upon hire
- Knowledge of currently accepted therapy theory and practice, and associated legal and ethical issues
- Ability to adapt therapies to the unique needs of our patients
- Ability to establish therapeutic relationships with patients
- Ability to read, record and write therapy notes, reports, clinical notes, and communications to and from other team members
- Solid communication, organization, and problem solving skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience is preferred
About the Medical Center you will serve:
Providence Valdez Medical Center is an 11 bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with a licensed 10 bed Long Term Care facility. Our team of physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians, clinicians and support staff provide quality and compassionate inpatient and outpatient health care to patients and residents. Our state of the art facility, built in 2004, is able to provide a wide array services including acute, emergency, Labor and Delivery, Radiology, Ultrasound, CT Scan, DEXA scan, CLIA certified laboratory, Rehab services including Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 154600