Providence is calling a Spine Patient Navigator to Providence Health & Services Neurosurgery Clinic in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Spine Patient Navigator to be responsible for assisting in guidance and coordination of both surgical and non-surgical Spine patients and their caregivers through the continuum of care and development and assimilation of appropriate education materials for patients and their families as defined by the Disease Site Teams, clinical pathways and the patients' physician/surgeon.
In this position you will:
- Provide assessment/triage, assess/analyze for patients and communications with the Spine Care Team (Facilitating care continuum).
- Post-operative telephone follow-up calls and documentation.
- Collect a detailed spine history from the patient in person or over the phone and sends it to the surgeon for interpretation of images (Virtual Consult).
- Assess all referrals to determine which professional of the multidisciplinary team should intervene with the patient first.
- Optimize communication between primary care, patient, and surgeons.
- Develop appropriate educational materials for patients and caregivers with physician input.
- Identify and provide appropriate support and educational materials to patient and family.
- Identify patients that need assistance with barriers such as language, lack of insurance, financial issues, need for personal support, and make appropriate referrals.
- Opportunity to teach pre-op spine classes in collaboration with appropriate team members.
- Coordinates post discharge care and follow-up to achieve optimal hand off to next level of care, facilitating and ensuring the patient has the appropriate contacts or resources.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree or ARNP.
- WA State Registered Nursing License.
- Three or more years of experience in acute and outpatient clinical settings.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Spine Care experience and working with a multidisciplinary team including neurosurgery.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®"" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 150427