Providence is calling a Clinical Secretary to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Clinical Secretary to be responsible for obtaining accurate intake information from patients, scheduling patient treatment appointments and organizing patient files. They must interact with patients, families and staff in a manner that portrays a positive image for the clinic. They will be responsible for transcribing communication from physical therapists and from PCH physicians who happen to share the facility.
In this position you will:
- Ask appropriate questions of referring physicians' offices, accurately documents diagnosis, and obtains all necessary information.
- Schedule language interpreters for patients when needed.
- Screen referrals appropriately and forwards to outside therapy clinics as appropriate.
- Collaborate directly with providers to ensure adequate charges and diagnostic coding of patient records.
- Collaborates with Business Services on billing practices, rejected bills, and regulatory changes that may affect reimbursement.
- Make phone calls to patients to schedule appointments and those who have missed appointments.
- Answer the phone and direct calls appropriately.
- Attend to the front desk window, which is utilized both by patients and hospital visitors.
- Understand and perform billing procedures.
- Assess and adjust interaction to be compatible with the age, growth and development and needs of the customers.
- Assess customers' level of understanding and adjusts interaction appropriately.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum one year experience working in an office setting.
- Familiar with computerized scheduling software, billing software, and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to adapt and learn new software. Ability and knowledge of filing, copying, answering phones and strong customer service skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical clerical experience.
- Experience with ICD-9 codes, medical billing and Medicare regulations.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinics/Medical Group
Req ID: 149853