Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
Staff Physician (Chief of Quality, Safety & Value Service) Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health AdministrationPlease apply online atwww.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/467126600
1 vacancy in the following location:
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 4/4/2017
Closes Friday 12/29/2017
- Salary Range $101,967.00 to $400,000.00 / Per Year
- Series & GradeGS-0602-00/00
- Supervisory Status Yes
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
- Who May Apply United States Citizens
- Control Number 467126600
- Job Announcement Number MD-583-17-SS-1938210
NOTE: Vacancy is Open Until Filled. Cut-off for certificate issuance will be every 15 business days.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentiveis authorized for this position.
About Indianapolis VA Medical Center: Provides acute inpatient medical, surgical, psychiatric, neurological, and rehabilitation care, as well as both primary and specialized outpatient services. Some noteworthy specialized services include comprehensive cardiac care, radiation oncology treatment and community based extended care. The medical center operates three Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC's) located in Bloomington, Indiana, Terre Haute, Indiana and Martinsville, IN. The more than 61,000 patients (3,700 women Veterans) treated by the Indianapolis VA Medical Center require over 657,000 outpatient visits and over 7,900 inpatient episodes of care yearly. Indianapolis VA Medical Center is a tertiary care medical facility with 229 authorized beds. For more information, please click on the link: http://www.indianapolis.va.gov/
The Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana is recruiting for a Staff Physician (Chief of Quality, Safety & Value Service). The incumbent of this position executes leadership that is characterized by substantial and continuous responsibility and accountability for population groups or integrated programs that cross service and/or discipline lines, influence organizational mission and health care, and responsibility for outcomes. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversight in planning, organizing, directing, controlling and evaluation of a comprehensive Quality Management Department in a complex healthcare system.
- Ensures compliance with the Office of Inspector General (OIG), The Joint Commission), and the Department of Veterans Affairs' policies, guidelines, standards, and regulations, as well as, regulations and criteria from other outside agencies.
- Responsible for supervising, managing, and directing the healthcare system programs and staff that includes: Risk Management, Patient Safety, Infection Prevention and Control, Utilization Management, Safe Patient Handling, Quality Management, and Medical Center Memorandum process.
- Coordinates and collaborate performance improvement activities and processes in conjunction with System Redesign utilizing lean tools and principles.
- Actively participate in data collection, interpretation, and analysis for the purpose of sharing compliance data to patients, staff, outside agencies, and visitors.
- Assures compliance with readiness for TJC survey and other on-site reviews/surveys.
- Develops, implements and manages programs and performance improvement activities.
- Works collectively with other Service Chiefs to provide education, consultation, and guidance individually or as a whole regarding performance improvement activities and methodology, regulatory or accrediting agency compliance, reporting systems, databases (Pyramid Analytics, VSSC, etc.) .
- Responsible for administrative functions of their assigned programs.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all levels of medical center personnel and relate effectively with customers, families, and the community as well as program and service leaders at the local and network levels.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Functional Statement Title/#: Staff Physician (Chief of Quality, Safety & Value Service)
NOTE: Recruitment or Relocation Incentive is approved for highly qualified candidates
- Occasional Travel
- Travel required less than 10% of the time
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer