Geisinger is recruiting an Associate Director for our Department of Hospital Medicine at Geisinger Community Medical Center. The Associate Director will work with departmental and organizational leadership to facilitate operations and strategic planning that promote continuous improvement within our clinical and educational enterprises.
· Communicate the system level and departmental level mission, vision and strategic goals.
· Work to achieve physician and AP staff engagement
· Align direction of work units/team with overall driving strategies of system
· Develop an effective partnership with the Hospital Medicine Director.
· Problem solve within and between departments, divisions, and ancillary services.
· Assist in the coordination of strategic and tactical program planning.
· Coordinate development of capital, clinical, financial, human resource, information systems, quality and service plans.
· Oversee implementation of plans.
· Provide oversight of goals and impact of respective plans.
· Assure patient/customer focused performance with an emphasis on service, quality and cost.
· Encourage participation and establish accountability.
· Set appropriate benchmarks.
· Strive to maintain excellence in the clinical care given by all providers.
· Promote continuous patient focused service improvement.
· Implement standards and measure performance.
· Act as a resource for physician, patient and customer relates issues
· Coordinate/oversee development, implementation and monitoring of variances of capital and operational budgets while striving to constantly improve the quality of care and clinical outcomes achieved.
· Ensure a focus on issues of health care reform, managed care, reimbursement , capitation and other important aspects of the changing health care environment in addition to traditional education regarding clinical medicine and medical education.
· Personal education efforts should focus on developments in health care delivery.
· Provide mentorship and promote professional growth for hospitalists.
· Promote an environment centered on a team based approach.
· Assure employees are respected, valued, and their contributions recognized.
· Ensure that communication regarding provider performance is timely, sensitive and direct.
· Oversee management of personnel issues including recruitment, retention, retirement, Risk Management, disciplinary actions and termination procedures.
· Proactively identify and manage risk related issues.
· Promote and coach a cost conscious approach to resource utilization.
· Identify opportunities and plan approach for improved resource utilization.
· Support the development and refinement of practice guidelines, protocols and other tools, which enhance the efficiency and quality of care provided.
· Allocate resources daily, as needed, with the providers to manage patient flow and efficacy.
· Support and promote Geisinger Health System's approach to education and research.
Geisinger-Community Medical Center (G-CMC), Scranton, Pa., offers a complete continuum of educational, diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative services and programs. G-CMC is home to Lackawanna County’s only Level II Trauma Center and Scranton’s only adult, in-patient behavioral health unit. Other programs G-CMC provides include: a comprehensive cardiac service line including open heart surgery; orthopaedic services including the NewSteps joint replacement center; and a broad range of other surgical services and radiological services for men and women.
Geisinger is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator® and ProvenCare®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees,including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 12 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 510,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $8.9 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania economy. Geisinger hasrepeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or follow the latest Geisinger news and more on Twitter and Facebook.
For more information or to apply please contact: Diane Brodginski, Talent Management Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-814-3248
**Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 13 hospital campuses, two research centers and nearly 1,600 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.Geisinger is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator®, ProvenCare® and ProvenExperience®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey at AtlantiCare, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and Geisinger Je...rsey Shore Hospital became the newest members of the Geisinger Family. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $12.7 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania and New Jersey economies. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.