Full time positions available in the following areas:, The Birthing Center, 4 Ornelas (Neuro), and the Observation Care Center.
A) Direct Patient Operations
1. Provides direct patient care for assigned or as directed patients with the direct supervision of nursing staff.
Provide and document (in real time) routine patient care, personal care, nutritional needs and maintaining safe
i. physical environment
2. Assist patients: walking, bathing, eating, restroom support, dressing, brushing teeth, and other routine activities for daily living.
3. Conduct, report, and document (in real time) patient observations as directed.
4. Adjusts workload, runs errands for department by picking up and returning trays, equipment, specimens,
a. and blood products.
5. Keeps patient room orderly and assists in keeping unit orderly, restocks supplies, etc
6. Properly document (in real time) patient care in appropriate sections in EPIC
B) Administrative Operations
1. Unit desks/stations must be neat and tidy at all times
2. Before meals are brought up clean the over-bed tables for meal tray preparation (proper infection control measures)
3. Upon arrival introduce yourself to patients and round on unit as directed by nursing.
4. Order unit supplies: inventory supplies upon receipt, document (in real time) on pick list and put supplies away in proper location
5. Update patient room whiteboards as directed.
6. Complete visitor access processing
7. Transport patients, at discharge or when needed, as assigned by nursing staff.
8. Maintain discharge log, unit logs: admit, discharge, down time (new), etc.
C) Information Management
1. Communicate patient care information (i.e. lab values, ancillary dept. info, etc.) to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
2. Ensure intercom is promptly answered and request is given to assigned personnel in a timely manner.
3. Telephone calls are answered within 3 rings in a courteous and professional manner
Telephone, fax, and e-mail messages are consistently related to appropriate co-workers in a timely manner.
4. Provide physician(s) requests to nursing staff in a timely manner.
5. Ensures the nursing desk/station is manned at all times and must find someone to cover the desk when they step away.
D) Electronic Health Records -- EPIC
1. Complete scanning and printing (i.e. patient records, transfers, etc...)
2. Transfer patients via the Unit Census activity or the Patient Station as assigned.
3. Place appropriate documents (in real time) in the patient "mini-chart"
4. Order supplies, equipment, and advanced diet as tolerated
5. Print ticket to ride report
6. Create follow-up appointments for discharging patients
7. Place bed accommodation change as directed
8. Review charge capture and ensure proper charging as directed
9. Properly document (in real time) patient care in appropriate sections in EPIC
E) Unit Safety
1. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures created for both the unit and Trinity Mother Frances
F) Unit Ambassador (Professionalism and Customer Service)
2. Adhere to all Trinity Mother Frances Service Standards
About CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances is the region's preferred healthcare provider, with a proud tradition of over 75 years of dedicated service to the people of East Texas. As a national leader in patient satisfaction, advanced technology and quality initiatives, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating healthy lives for people and communities.
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes The Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Tyler, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Jacksonville, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Winnsboro, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital - affiliated with HealthSouth, Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area's preferred multispecialty medical group, with over 360 physicians and mid-level providers representing 36 specialties in 33 clinic locations serving East Texas.
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances is one of the region's largest employers, with more than 4,500 employees. Every employee, regardless of their role in the organization, is a vital part of the team that makes Trinity Mother Frances the region's preferred healthcare provider. Whether you prefer to work in a clinic setting or in a hospital, in Tyler or a smaller community, our system of care offers career opportunities to fit your lifestyle.
Competitive benefits, excellent educational opportunities and an outstanding work environment make us the employer of choice in East Texas.
About Tyler Texas
The largest community in east Texas with approximately 100,000 residents, Tyler offers cultural diversity, quality education and health care, easy access to large metropolitan areas, and abundant recreational opportunities. Tyler, known as the "The Rose Capital of America," is a community offering all the conveniences of a big city area but with a more relaxed lifestyle.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Ability to work 12 hour shifts and rotate weekends
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.